1 x 165g pack Chicken Style Pieces- frozen
375g potatoes, skins on
50g butter or vegetable spread
300g leeks, washed and thinly sliced
25g plain flour
300ml milk – dairy or plant based
15g cheese – vegan or dairy, grated
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 5, 190C, 170C fan.
2. Boil the potatoes in salted water for 10 minutes, drain and cover with a cloth and leave to cool.
3. Melt half of the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat and add the Chicken Style Pieces, cook for 3-4 minutes until starting to brown and then add leeks. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the leeks are softened.
4. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring continuously for 2 minutes.
5. Gradually blend in the milk, stirring well after each addition
and then bring to the boil stirring continuously. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for a couple of minutes until the sauce is smooth and thickened. Remove from the heat, add the mustard, season to taste and then pour into an shallow ovenproof dish.
6. Peel the potatoes and grate into a bowl.
7. Melt the remaining butter and carefully mix into the potatoes with two forks, taking care not to mash the potato together. Add the cheese and seasoning and spoon over the sauce.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the topping is crisp and golden.